My Curves...have YOU seen them??

So while in route to a healthier me, I have lost some things along the way, which was to be expected. Mainly pounds of course, some relationships (food relationships mainly) and just recently I have noticed that my curves seem to be doing a disappearing act, and the main culprit is the curve of my derriere!

Now being a big girl most of my life, I had to find ways to make big look good. One thing was to embrace ALL of my curves, I can recall saying things to myself like "I know I'm a big girl, but at least I have a booty." and was soo serious, I felt it was a blessing from above! See, I didn't have the skinny legs like some bigger women, or the cute little small feet, but honey I had my curves and I embraced them to the fullest. But lately my booty seems to be, well hiding or something...its not as round as it used to be. Exhibit A if you will:
A couple of years back.

For years, this, my derriere, has been my comforter. It even deterred me from loosing weight at one point because I had seen, with my own eyes, how some women loose weight and the booty gets lost in the shuffle as well, and at that time in life I was sooo not ready for that.  I embraced mine, loved it and worked it! But since it is slowly but surely melting away, I had to come to grips with one thing..I had to be honest with myself, I didn't earn my curves the right way, meaning I hadn't done one lunge or squat so in essence it was merely fat with NO muscle. Now below is an earned booty. Exhibit B:




Now Serena Williams, in my opinion has an "earned booty", and yes I do think genetics plays a part in the abundance or lack of curves, but I am just praying, and y'all pray too that mine will stand strong (and round lol) through this transition because I just don't know what I'll do! Actually, I take that back, there are exercises to help get that FIT "donkey booty" as ATL Housewife Pheadra Parks calls it, check these out below:

Squats

Lunges


Steps

Pictures and more details about these exercises can be found here:

Fit bootys for everyone!
 
Eating to LIVE and not the other way around!