Are you Pretty enough?


Yeah so this post is not a self empowerment one, although I need to write more of those, however Are you Pretty enough is in reference to your food presentation. Throughout this journey I have learned to sike myself out about alot of things. More specifically the way I present my food to myself. Believe it or not, we spend so much time in restaurants simply because our EYES like what we see. Seriously, think about it, we eat with our EYES. They are the first to say whether or not we are interested in what is on our plate. I know I am not the only one that has changed their entree at the last minute after seeing a waiter walk by with a plate that looked soo good to my EYES. So with that said, let me tell you about my trick in eating more fruits and veggies.

You know how when you are at a function with food you find yourself eating the carrots or broccoli <knowing good and well you don't eat like that on a regular basis> from the pretty veggie tray that might look something like this:
Well I make my veggies at home look similar to this. That's right, I make my own veggie and fruit trays, WHY? Because I know I am a visual eater, and apparently my daughter is too because she is tearing up those carrots! Seriously, I buy some veggies from the produce section, PLEASE DON'T GO BUY PREMADE VEGGIE TRAYS, MAKE YOUR OWN! It will save you money as well as ensure that your produce is cleaned properly. Also an AWESOME find while at my local 99 cent only store was that they sell SUPER cheap veggies and fruit for ONE DOLLAR, and it's a bag full too! Eating healthy does NOT, I repeat does NOT have to break your pockets! Actually your grocery bill should go down. I'll do a post on that later, as requested. Anywho start feeding your eyes! Make your food pretty enough, especially those fruits and veggies. I even plan to make mini fruit and veggie platters to keep in the fridge this semester to snack on during my office hours. I will prepare them on a Styrofoam saucer plate and mix it up, spice it up, sauce it up <not too much> what ever I have to do to keep eating clean while on the go! I will make 5 mini platters at a time so that I can grab them and go because Lord knows I am always running late!

So try it! So what if folks give you the side eye for having veggie trays in your fridge, Forget them! We are trying to get our bodies right, and doing so may cause some stares SO WHAT! Stare at them while they are gulping down the High Fructose Corn Syrup and other fake boxed foods! Ok, I'm done. But seriously bring those fruits and veggies out of the bottom drawer in your fridge and put them on the TOP SHELF, you deserve it!

Eating to LIVE and not the other way around.